Highlights Create campaigns through the new campaign interface The first stage of the campaign redesign has been successfully implemented. The new section allows users to work with campaigns in all channels. Creating and searching for campaigns is easier in the new campaign interface Here’s how the new section works: Campaigns are now stored in folders. Click the button on the first screen […]
Key Platform Updates in September: New Campaign Interface and Seamless Email-to-App Redirection
The first stage of the campaign redesign has been successfully implemented. The new section allows users to work with campaigns in all channels.
Here's how the new section works:
- Campaigns are now stored in folders.
- Click the button on the first screen to create a new campaign.
- The most recently created and sent campaigns are displayed on the first screen. They can now be filtered by folder. This is especially useful if you work on campaigns with coworkers or often need to clone one of your recent campaigns and resend it.
- It’s easier to search for campaigns by name and activity status. For example, you can find all campaigns containing the word “dog” in the title or all completed campaigns.
- You can now search for a campaign if you only remember its content/design. We now display the template preview in the list.
Often, companies that develop a mobile app as their main sales channel prefer to direct all their communications to their mobile app. Previously, if a customer seamlessly switched to the app by clicking a link in their the email, the system was not able to track this click. As a result, campaign reports were not accurate.
Now you can set up seamless redirection. The platform will track the click in the email and take it into account in the reports.
To make this work, you need to:
- Install the tracker on the domain, the link from which leads the customer to the app.
- Install the Mindbox SDK in the app.
- Adjust the universal linking settings according to Apple’s and Google’s requirements.
- Specify the domain, the link from which leads the customer to the app in your project's settings (do this by going to Administrative settings → Communication → Universal Links).
When you add a domain or subdomain to the list, the system will inform you whether everything is set up and ready for Universal Links to work, and if not, it will tell you how to fix it.
This feature is only available for the SDK and is not supported if the old integration is applied to any of your campaigns.
Previously, there was no information about the current subscription status on the Billing Details page in Mindbox. For example, to find out when the trial period ended, you had to contact the support service.
Now the Billing Details page displays the subscription status in the following way:
- “Trial period until August 15, 2022”
- “Subscription is valid from March 11, 2017”
- “Subscription suspended from August 2, 2022”
We've added a new award type to the platform – “Give a discount on X products when placing an order for Y units of products.”
Previously, there were two similar awards. It was difficult to figure out how they differed and how to choose the right one. Now the campaigns are set up transparently through a single award, which is much more convenient to work with:
- Choose the products that would trigger the necessary condition (identical, unique, or any products). For example, “Buy three different pizzas from the vegetarian segment, and get a fourth for free.”
- Choose the discounted items (the whole set, part of it, or for additional products). For example, “Buy four identical pain relievers, and get a $30 discount for the whole set.”
It is no longer possible to create old awards, however, launched promotions will continue to work. Please note that if you want to edit these, you will need to change the condition to new awards.
Previously, it was quite difficult to understand the instructions for integrating apps. The instructions didn’t have a clear order of steps. It wasn’t clear what to do and how to check the results of each step.
We have now rewritten and restructured the instructions based on business cases. The new instructions allow for:
- step-by-step SDK integration and setting up push notifications for iOS and Android apps;
- checking whether push messages are sent and whether clicks are counted;
- finding and correcting possible errors according to the checklist.
It will be useful for switching from the old integration to the SDK and for all new integrations.
Before this update, users were unable to view attachments sent with emails. In the action history, you could see that documents were attached to the message, but it was impossible to download or see them. When forwarding, the email was sent without any attachments.
Sometimes an email with an attachment needs to be sent again. For example, if it has not reached the customer or it needs to be redirected to another email address. This often happens when sending documents in the B2B segment. This is now possible.
Please note: documents may contain personal data, so only employees with appropriate permissions can forward them. Set up permissions for employees in the settings so that they can work with attachments.
Before, in order to copy a successful pop-up, embedded block or widget design to another campaign, you had to manually transfer the form settings or contact the support service.
Now, when cloning these features you can simply select the campaign where you want to insert all these elements.
Companies that segment customers often have to delete segments that are no longer relevant, as they usually interfere with campaign filters and increase the cost of their subscription.
Previously, segments could only be deleted one at a time – now, you can select unnecessary segments through the “Segmentation usage” filter and delete them in one go.